Magical items can be used multiple uses or have a continuous effect, unlike consumables (e.g. potions and spell scrolls) which are single use.
Popular Magical Items
- All-Purpose Tool – +1, +2 and +3 casting bonuses for our artificer friends, and gain a cantrip from any class spell list for 8 hours.
- Amulet of the Devout – This item grants a spellcasting bonus for paladins and clerics and lets them use Channel Divinity one more time per day.
- Arcane Grimoire – Gives wizards an attack and DC bonus for their spells. It also gives your character a bonus use of Arcane Recovery.
- Atlas of Endless Horizons – Swap prepared wizard spells and teleport away from damage.
- Bloodwell Vial – This item gives sorcerers a bonus to their spellcasting and lets them regain sorcery points when rolling hit dice.
- Devotees Censer – This holy symbol lets a character deal extra radiant damage and releases a healing incense.
- Feywild Shard – Spellcasting focus which triggers Wild Magic Surges when metamagic is used
- Fulminating Treatise – Replace a prepared wizard spell in one minute, or add additional force damage and prone the target of an evocation spell.
- Guardian Emblem – 3 charges that change critical hits you see into normal hits.
Sane Magical Item Prices was used as a starting point for pricing, but ongoing adjustments are being made to the pricing, and additional items continue to be added to the lists.
DMG – Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master’s Guide
FTD – Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons
GGR – Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica
MOT – Mythic Odyssey of Theros
PHB – Dungeon and Dragons Players Handbook, 5e
TCE – Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything
XGE – Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
WBW- The Wild Beyond the Witchlight