Xanathar’s Guide to Everything contains a wide variety of common magical items that are mostly useful for flavor and storytelling. This isn’t the book you’re looking for if you want to give the players powerful magic items.
Xanathar’s Guide to Everything Item Pricings
Popular Items from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
- Boots of False Tracks – Leave the tracks of a different type of humanoid.
- Clockwork Amulet – Lets you take a ten on attack rolls.
- Clothes of Mending – Clothes that fix themselves.
- Cloak of Many Fashions – A cloak that can look like whatever kind of cloak you want it to.
- Dark Shard Amulet – Warlock spellcasting focus that lets you try to cast cantrips you don’t know.
- Enduring Spellbook – An indestructible spellbook.
- Horn of Silent Alarm – A horn that can only be heard by the creature you target.
- Moon-Touched Sword – It glows and is a magic weapon. A good item for overcoming resistance to mundane bludgeoning, piercing and slashing without giving players other bonuses.
- Pole of Collapsing – Big stick or small stick. You decide.
- Pot of Awakening – Turns ordinary shrubs into awakened shrubs.
- Staff of Flowers – A magic stick that makes flowers.
- Wand of Smiles – Put a smile on someone’s face, forcibly.
Sane Magical Item Prices was used as a starting point for pricing, but ongoing adjustments are being made to the pricing, and additional items continue to be added to the lists.
DMG – Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master’s Guide
FTD – Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons
GGR – Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica
MOT – Mythic Odyssey of Theros
PHB – Dungeon and Dragons Players Handbook, 5e
TCE – Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything
XGE – Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
WBW- The Wild Beyond the Witchlight